QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE
- This policy covers the information We obtain from you in connection with our businesses, which identifies you as an individual.
- This policy does not cover information that cannot be used to identify you as an individual.
Information We collect (what & how)
We, Our advertisers, business partners, and discount sponsors may collect information from you in a multitude of ways, including, but not limited to, phone calls, customer service contacts, mobile apps, websites, and other sources.
We collect information from customers during the process of purchases and other transactions, such as name, address, and payment card information.
Personal data to provide you with exceptional services, including, but not limited to name, phone number, address, email, birth information (date, time and location).
Purposes for processing
- The information you provide will be used to provide you with the services you request.
- We will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you.
- We use “cookies” and other electronic tools to collect statistical information about your use of Our websites. This information is used for research and other reasons, generally to better help Our customers by showing Us how We can improve Our websites.
- We do use personal information for Our own analytical purposes.
3rd Party Disclosures
- We may provide your information to designated third-party service providers, rental discount sponsors you utilize, and other entities.
- We do not sell your information to unrelated third parties for purposes of marketing their products of services.
- We may share your information for marketing purposes to those with which We have an agreement to do joint advertising, subject to your consent.
- Your information may be transferred out of your country or region of residence to countries such as the United States for processing and storage.
- Your information may be transferred out of your country or region of residence upon your instruction.
- We use reasonable measures to safeguard Personal Data from theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification.
- We aim to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your Personal Data.
- We generally keep customer information for as long as We believe necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or as allowed by law.
Access, correction & portability
- You will have access to review or update Personal Data that is collected from and about you, so you can change any information that is incorrect.
- We will try Our best to accommodate your request, but We reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements.
Withdraw consent or complaints
- Where We use consent as a basis for processing, you can always withdraw that consent.
- If you feel that this policy has been violated, We will work with you to resolve your concerns.
- We will notify you when We make material changes by posting a note on the homepages of Our websites.
Our goal is to provide Our customers with excellent services. We do business in many countries and We aim to comply with all privacy laws that apply to the data We collect and use. This policy is subject to compliance with local law. Where this policy provides a higher standard than local law, this policy will control how Doorways To Your Soul, LLC handles your Personal Data. By providing your Personal Data to Us, Our designated service providers, or other third parties as noted within this Policy, you consent to Our use and disclosure of your data for the operational and other purposes listed in this Policy.
1. SCOPE & CONTROLLERS
Doorways To Your Soul, LLC, and its specific rental business affiliates and subsidiaries are data controllers for purposes of this Policy. However, We also operate a network of affiliates in the provision of Our services worldwide and are affiliated with many other companies through ownership. As Our affiliates, and entrusted third-party vendors are independent companies, they are not owned or controlled by Us and are not covered by this policy. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of Our affiliates, and other third parties with whom you may transact.
This Policy covers the information We collect about you in connection with education, coaching and meditation businesses, which does, or can be used to identify you as an individual (“Personal Data”). It does not apply to information that cannot reasonably identify you as an individual. For example, but without limitation, aggregated anonymous data, computer operating systems, aggregated preferences, vehicle identification numbers, etc. are not Personal Data.
Our websites are not directed to individuals under the age of 13, and We do not knowingly obtain Personal Data from such individuals.
2. DATA COLLECTION (WHAT & HOW)
We, both directly and through Our service providers, business partners, discount sponsors, affiliates, advertisers, and booking channel providers, collect Personal Data that you provide on Our websites, on third-party websites, on applications, and offline in connection with any inquiries, reservations, rentals, purchases, or services. Information collected about your use of Our websites, applications, or other websites may be combined with personal or other information about you from other online or offline sources. We also will collect Personal Data across all the devices you use to access websites or applications of Us and Our designated service providers.
Providing your Personal Data to Us may be required due to a legal obligation which could be a statutory or contractual obligation, may be on a voluntary basis or may be necessary for us to enter into the contract with you, depending on the purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data as set out in this Privacy Statement. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data to Us this may result in disadvantages to you, e.g. we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. However, unless otherwise stated, not providing your Personal Data will not result in legal consequence for you.
a. TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED: The types of information collected regarding you and your interactions with Us may include, but is not limited to:
|Personal Information||Technological Information||Purchase Information|
Date and place of birth,
Mobile device identifiers;
The state or country from which you accessed Our websites;
The specific webpages visited;
The date and the time of a visit;
The websites you visited immediately before and after visiting Our websites;
The number of links and specific links you click within Our websites;
The functions you use on Our websites;
Any updates, purchases, or other transactions through Our websites;
The data you view or download from Our websites
|Payment card information,
references and usage information,
Purchase prices and details,
Sensitive Data: We, both directly and through our service providers, business partners, discount sponsors, affiliates, advertisers, and booking channel providers, may collect certain Personal Data that constitutes sensitive data in some countries, such as data about health conditions or membership of a trade union. Depending upon applicable local law, We may be unable to process such sensitive data without your consent. Data about your health conditions is regarded as sensitive in many countries. If you ask Us to accommodate a disability, or if there is an accident and We need to work with insurance and claims management companies relating to any injury you may incur, We may need to process data about your health conditions.
b. METHODS AND SOURCES OF COLLECTION: We, both directly and through Our service providers, business partners, discount sponsors, affiliates, advertisers, and booking channel providers, may collect your information through a variety of methods. These methods may include, but are not limited to:
|On Line Off Line||Our websites;|
|Our mobile “apps”;
Our official third-party social network pages;
Your computer’s web browser;
Third-party social networks;
|Calls to or from Our reservation, customer service, customer contact or member care centers;
Interaction with Our various affiliates and subsidiaries, and other businesses;
In-person at retail locations
Transactions you complete with Us online or in-person,
Consumer reporting agencies;
d. WEB ADVERTISING: We, Our designated service providers, or third-party advertisers or their advertising servers, may place or recognize unique cookies on your computer or use other electronic tools in order to help display advertisements that you see on Our websites or on other websites. Information about your visits to, and activity on, Our websites and other websites, is used, alone or in combination with other information, to display on your device screen advertisements that may be of particular interest to you. We may use web beacons, pixel tags, or other such technologies provided by third-party advertising companies, to help manage and optimize Our online advertising and product performance. These technologies enable Us to recognize user visits to our websites and to learn which banner ads bring users to Our websites. As the internet and other eCommerce channels continue to develop, We may deploy and utilize different types of technologies to collect data regarding your visit or usage.
3. PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING
- a. OPERATIONS AND SERVICES: We, both directly and through our service providers, business partners, discount sponsors, affiliates, and booking channel providers, may use your information to provide you with the services or products you request from Us. We may use your information to communicate with you regarding any transaction you initiate; your membership/status in one of Our membership programs; or changes to the terms or features of any of Our membership programs to which you belong. We therefore process your Personal Data for these purposes to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. For United States Residents, so that We may communicate with you, you give Us your consent to call you on or send text messages to your mobile telephone/device. You also consent to Our use of auto-dialers and pre-recorded messages in connection with any such telephone call or text message, including calls or texts to mobile telephone numbers. We will not charge you for such calls or texts.
4. DISCLOSURES TO AFFILIATES AND THIRD PARTIES:
- d. LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES: We may provide links to third-party websites or may be linked to from third-party websites. Since We do not control third-party sites, and We are not responsible for any information you may provide while on such sites, We encourage you to read the privacy policies on those websites before providing applicable third-parties with your information.
- f. GENERAL COURSE OF BUSINESS: We may also disclose your personal and other information to unaffiliated third parties if We believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary: (a) to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, law enforcement request, or other legal process; (b) to protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Us or others; (c) to enforce any terms of service on Our websites or the terms and conditions of any rental, purchase, or utilization; (d) to provide you and others with the services or products requested by you or your designated representative, and to perform other activities related to such services and products, including billing and collection; (e) to provide you with special offers or promotions from Us that may be of interest to you; (f) as part of a business transaction where all or some of Our assets are bought, sold, or otherwise transferred by act of law or contract; or (g) to operate Our systems properly.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
E.U. – U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD FRAMEWORK: Doorways To Your Soul, LLC, participates in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (the “Framework”). Company’s participation in the Framework applies to Personal Data received in the United States from the European Union (“EU”). We are committed to subjecting such EU Personal Data to the Framework to the extent that We have received it in reliance on the Framework, including its Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement and Liability. To learn more about the Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list.
Where We transfer your Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area other than to Doorways To Your Soul, LLC, or any other organization in the US which participates in the Framework, or to a country which is not covered by an adequacy decision from the European Commission, We implement standard contractual clauses.
6. COOKIES AND ONLINE ADVERTISING CHOICES
Many browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You may be able to set your browser to disable cookies or alert you when cookies are being sent. Many mobile devices allow you to disable the ability for geo-location information to be collected from your mobile device. The help function on most browsers and mobile devices contains instructions on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies, disable cookies, or disable the collection of geo-location data.
You need to set each browser; on each device you use to view websites. If you disable cookies or refuse to accept a request to place a cookie, it is possible that some parts of Our websites or other websites will not function properly, and the advertising you receive when you visit Our websites or other websites may not be tailored to your interests. We may not respond to a web browser’s “do not track” signal, or other mechanisms that indicates a request to disable online tracking of individuals who use or visit Our websites.
We adhere to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. To “opt out” of advertising cookies placed by the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) online behavioral advertising member networks, and thereby limit the tracking of your online activity and the targeted advertising you receive, please contact us.
To opt out of advertising cookies for Your Online Choices if you are based in the EU, please click here.
Our designated service providers assist Us with advertisement display functions and related analytics for Our websites. To view information or opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising, please click here. Note that even if you exercise choice for targeted advertising, you will still receive general online advertising. Information regarding you and any interactions with Us may be collected and utilized to provide you with targeted advertising on the web.
In addition to the options provided by your mobile operating systems, you may opt out of the collection of information on mobile apps as follows:
- Uninstalling the app. You can stop all collection of information by the app by uninstalling the app. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the Mobile Application marketplace or network from which you downloaded the app.
- Opt out of interest-based advertising. Contact Us for information about how to opt out from the use of information to serve targeted advertising by advertisers and/or third-party network advertisers. Note that the effect of opting out of targeted advertising will be to prevent targeted advertising but will not prevent you from seeing all advertisements. Information may still be collected and used for other purposes (such as research, online services analytics or internal operations, and to enforce your opt-out preferences):
- For Apple users: iOS 7 or higher, you can change your settings in the following location: Settings > Privacy > Advertising. iOS 6, you can change your settings in the following location: Settings > General > About > Advertising. For further information please see Apple’s website.
- For other major mobile platforms: Open the platform account settings, select “Ads”.
- Opt out of location data. Go to “settings” on your mobile device to opt out of the collection of location data.
- Opt out of cross-app data collection. The Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) offers a separate choice tool for the collection of cross-app data on a mobile device for interest-based advertising and other applicable uses. To exercise choice for companies participating in this choice tool, you can install the DAA’s AppChoices app.
- a. We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures (a) to safeguard Personal Data against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification; and (b) to ensure the integrity of your Personal Data. To help Us protect your privacy, you should maintain the secrecy of any logon IDs and passwords, Member numbers, or other identifiers or credentials you may have set up or were provided with in connection with your participation in or use of Our products, services, or websites. As you may be aware, there is no completely secure method of transmitting or storing data. Although their physical characteristics are different, postal mail, telephone calls, text messages, faxes and transmissions over the Internet or wireless networks all present possibilities of loss, misrouting, interception and misuse of the data that is transmitted. If you have reason to believe that any account with Us is no longer secure, you must immediately contact Us. We try to strike a balance between the security of your data and your convenience. As a result, We may sometimes use a method of communication that is less secure than a less convenient alternative. For example, but not limitation, We may send you an e-mail or a text message in unencrypted form (i.e. instantly readable) because many of Our customers are unable to access encrypted (i.e. coded) e-mail or messages. This means that Our message, if misrouted or intercepted, could be read more easily than encrypted messages. Such messages may contain Personal Data. Please do not include confidential information, such as your credit card number or account passwords, in any e-mail or text you send to Us or on any posting you make to a public area of a third-party social network page, especially since any such posting immediately becomes public. For a more secure way to communicate with Us over the Internet, please click on the “Contact Us” link on any of Our websites.
8. DATA RETENTION & INTEGRITY
- b. We retain personal data about Our customers for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or unless otherwise allowed by law. Information is stored and accessed in various locations, and cloud services and storage may be utilized. Servers which store information are primarily located in the United States and Europe, although storage may occur in other locations as well.
9. ACCESS, CORRECTION & PORTABILITY
- b. EU residents have the right to: (a) request rectification of your Personal Data; (b) object to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes; (c) object to the processing of your Personal Data (including profiling) where our legal basis for processing your Personal Data is where such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests; (d) request erasure of your Personal Data; (e) request restriction of your Personal Data; (f) exercise your right to data portability; and (g) object to automated decision making (including profiling).
- d. RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN: We may retain your Personal Data as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected. We may also retain this Personal Data as required by law or contract, in order to fulfill Our legal obligations and protect Our legal rights. However, once the purpose for the collection is no longer valid, and there is no legal reason for Us to retain your Personal Data, you may request Us to delete your Personal Data. You may make this request by contacting Us. If We are unable to delete your Personal Data due to one of the reasons described in this Policy, We will provide you with the reason We are unable to fulfill your request.
- e. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: California’s “Shine the Light” law – Civil Code section 1798.82 – permits residents of California to opt-out of disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Data with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to Our contact address below. Please note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosure made for non-marketing purposes. California law also permits residents of California to request and obtain from Us once per calendar year, free of charge, a list of (i) the third parties (if any) to which Personal Data was disclosed for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year and (ii) the categories of Personal Data disclosed to those third parties. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please submit your request in writing to Our contact address shown in Section 10 below. Your request must include: (i) the phrase “Your California Privacy Rights”; (ii) your name, street address (no PO boxes), city, state and zip code; and, if applicable, (iii) your e-mail address if you wish to receive a response via e-mail. When submitting your request by mail, please include the phrase “Your California Privacy Rights” on the outer mailing envelope. We will not accept requests made by telephone or facsimile.
If you are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns with us, you may contact the FTC with your concerns.
If you are an EU resident and you have an unresolved concern about Personal Data that We or the FTC have not addressed satisfactorily, We have committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU Data Protection Authorities to serve as Our independent dispute resolution body for the Framework.
In addition, under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, EU data subjects may invoke binding arbitration for non-monetary issues when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted
11. CONTACT US
Please contact Us by emailing email@example.com, or writing to the address below if you have any questions, wish to exercise your rights of access, or seek other assistance as described above.
Doorways To Your Soul, LLC
2901 E. Greenway Road #30004
Phoenix, Arizona 85032
We do business in many countries and aim to comply with the privacy laws applicable to the Personal Data we collect and use.