Meditation – A Profound Skill To Nourish and Guide You
For most people the door to their soul is hidden, unknown or closed. This is usually caused by confusion and resistances created by the mind. Meditation is a profound tool to open the door to your soul.
Meditation is an ancient technique used for thousands of years to help people to move beyond the mind’s stress-inducing thoughts and emotional upsets into the peace and clarity within yourself.
There are many different meditation techniques, though the quality of meditation is unique: cultivating a quiet mind and expanding your awareness.
Modern science confirms that meditation – practiced correctly and regularly – offers deep, lasting and profound benefits for anyone:
- Reduce stress
- Relief fearful, angry or painful thoughts
- Increase ability to focus
- Become less judgmental
- Experience inner peace
- Build inner confidence
- Restoration of the brain (Neuroplasticity)
- Balance work-life overload
- Stay healthy and energized
- Restful sleep
- Lower blood pressure and hypertension
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Decreased stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenalin levels
- Increased production of the anti-aging hormone DHEA
- Strengthen your intuition
- Create more ease and flow
- Enhance your creativity
- Connect and experience your soul
- Access your inner wisdom
- Explore your purpose
- Clarity about spirit
- Deepen the bond to spirit
Explore and Experience Tools Based on Modern Science and Ancient Teachings
Meditation is a skill everyone can learn and practice. Discover the basics of a successful meditation and create your own personal practice.
Introduction to Meditation
- What Meditation is; What it is Not
- How the Mind Works
- How Stress Effects You
- How Meditation Relieves Stress
- Meditation and Science
- Meditation Impact on the Brain (Neuroplasticity)
- Benefits of Meditation
Meditation Made Easy (MME)
This program is designed for anyone who wants to learn to meditate, but does not know how to begin, or is having difficulty in their practice.
The MME program includes profound meditation techniques which can be repeated easily on your own:
- Introduction to Meditation
- Breathing (Pranayama)
- Reenergize and Rejuvenate
- Balance and Center
- Breath & Body Awareness
- Mantra Meditation (silent)
- Guided Meditation
- Technology of Seeing
Length: 3-4 hours
Primordial Sound Meditation (PSM)
This signature program of the Chopra Center is perfect for anyone who wants to go to a deeper level and learn a healing practice that allows you to experience inner calm and deep relaxation.
We use individually selected sounds of nature called mantras based on the vibration of the universe at the moment of your birth.
The PSM Course includes
- History of PSM
- How Your Mantra is Chosen
- Personal Meditation Instruction
- Your Personal Mantra
- Create Your Own Practice
- Exploring Higher States of Consciousness
- Course Materials: a CD and Meditation Book
Length: 4 sessions: This course can be taught in 3 sessions (1.5hrs each) or in 2 x half days or 1 full day.